4 hearts 💖💖💖💖
TITLE: A Thousand Boy Kisses
AUTHOR: Tillie Cole
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE: March 15th, 2016
**Special thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for providing me with an e-copy of A Thousand Boy Kisses in exchange for an honest review.
Synopsis: One kiss lasts a moment. But a thousand kisses can last a lifetime. One boy. One girl. A bond that is forged in an instant and cherished for a decade. A bond that neither time nor distance can break. A bond that will last forever. Or so they believe. When seventeen-year-old Rune Kristiansen returns from his native Norway to the sleepy town of Blossom Grove, Georgia, where he befriended Poppy Litchfield as a child, he has just one thing on his mind. Why did the girl who was one half of his soul, who promised to wait faithfully for his return, cut him off without a word of explanation? Rune’s heart was broken two years ago when Poppy fell silent. When he discovers the truth, he finds that the greatest heartache is yet to come. A stand-alone young adult tearjerker romance, recommended for ages fourteen and up.
“I READ A BOOK CALLED A THOUSAND BOY KISSES AND MY HEART COMPLETELY BURST.”
Man, oh man, where do I even begin to describe my experience reading this story? Maybe I should start by saying that this is by far one of the best romance books I’ve ever read in my entire life. I was so overwhelmed by the emotions and the sheer beauty of Tillie’s writing that I cannot help but adore it. There’s just something so special and so innocent about Rune and Poppy’s love story that makes it impossible for us not to be riveted.
I mean… sure it reminds you of a lot of other movies but theirs have a surreal quality and simplicity to it all.
💘 Why you should read this book:
- ALL THE FEELS!!! Normally, I don’t play music while reading – but with A Thousand Boy Kisses it’s different! The songs on Tillie’s playlist amplified the deluge of emotions that I’ve already been feeling because of this book. I keep replaying them in my head until I had an LSS that lasted for 2 weeks and now I’m unable to stop fangirling!!! 😋😂😍😄😭
- The main characters Rune and Poppy complement each other perfectly. Poppy is like the candle to Rune’s darkness and it broke my heart when Rune thought Poppy had completely abandoned him.
- You’ll love the way this story provokes your emotions and feel as if you’ve been transported right into the pages. You’re bound to cry no matter how much you tell yourself not to. Trust me. It’s no good telling yourself otherwise. Me? I cried like a maniac for an hour straight. (My Mom actually asked me if I was going mental. LOL)
- I like the descriptions & symbolisms used in the story – gives you a good visual of scenes, like the infinity earrings Rune gave to Poppy or the cherry blossom grove that was their special place. Everything they do or have has a meaning.
- One of the best love stories I’ve ever read. It has everything that a romantic looks for – puppy love, sweet love, first love, obsessive love, passion, heartbreak, friendship and regrets.
- I also love the lessons this book is trying to impart to us. It teaches us the wonders of unselfish love, forgiveness, looking at life in a positive way and living life to its fullest.
😾 Why you might not like it:
- Unrealistic protagonists and too-good-to-be-true love story. You don’t meet people like Poppy and Rune everyday – with Poppy’s relentless optimism and strong gentle heart, and Rune’s loyalty and unwavering devotion to his girl. They had loved each other since childhood and never had other boyfriends/girlfriends for the rest of their lives. Like… Where the hell do you find that kind of relationship? Honestly guys, I need a Rune in my life.
- Sappy dialogues that will make you cringe. Personally though, I thought this was terrible at first but the emotions underlying the characters’words won me over and effectively had me tearing up in the end.
- Unreasonable drama. There were some mistakes committed by the characters that could’ve been avoided if they had thought about it more logically. But without doing so, then the story would not happen in the first place. Additionally, this book also contained several clichés that had me rolling my eyes, but I just resigned myself and chose to overlook them instead.
If I had one word to describe this book, it would be FLAWESOME. It’s cheesy and unoriginal and FAR from perfect, but at the end of the day, I can say without a doubt that I infinitely enjoyed it. You’ll get swept away into the story without even realizing it, and the next thing you know, you’ve got tears running down your face (with snot coming out of your nose too). Though you need not to be embarrassed at all since a reaction like that is perfectly understandable. 😁
There are also tons of fan edits out there. I think you’ll have fun looking at them.
Or you could also check out Tillie’s playlist by clicking HERE.
Anyways, I apologize for the sudden bombardment. I tend to get extremely messy when I’m super excited about a book. ✌
I hope you guys pick it up. Or if you had already, come and fangirl with me.
Kisses! Poppy! Music! Rune! Photography! Beaches! Sunrises! Footprints! Vintage cameras! Infinity! Cello! Forever always! Moonbeam hearts! Sunshine smiles! Paper hearts! Soulmates! Cherry blossoms!
HAVE A GOOD DAY EVERYONE!😊