Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that everyone’s excited about!
This week, I am waiting for:
THE SONG OF THE CURRENT
Author: Sarah Tolcser
Genre: Fantasy, Young Adult, Romance
Expected Publication: June 6th 2017 by Bloomsbury Childrens Books
Hardcover, 373 pages
Caroline Oresteia is destined for the river. For generations, her family has been called by the river god, who has guided their wherries on countless voyages throughout the Riverlands. At seventeen, Caro has spent years listening to the water, ready to meet her fate. But the river god hasn’t spoken her name yet—and if he hasn’t by now, there’s a chance he never will.
Caro decides to take her future into her own hands when her father is arrested for refusing to transport a mysterious crate. By agreeing to deliver it in exchange for his release, Caro finds herself caught in a web of politics and lies, with dangerous pirates after the cargo—an arrogant courier with a secret—and without the river god to help her. With so much at stake, Caro must choose between the life she always wanted and the one she never could have imagined for herself.
From debut author Sarah Tolcser comes an immersive and romantic fantasy set along the waterways of a magical world with a headstrong heroine determined to make her mark.
WHY I AM EXCITED OVER THIS BOOK:
- Dark Faerie Tales’ guest post – the first trigger (author mentions that one of her biggest inspirations for Song of the Current was ANCIENT GREECE. A bit mainstream yes but still the most awesome.)
- Sarah’s Pinterest board – just looking at the pictures, I can almost visualize how epic this story’s gonna be.
- I didn’t get the ARC – yep. One of the unlucky people here, so I’ll have to wait until it’s released.
- The REVIEWS!!! – I wouldn’t get excited over a book if it’s not getting much positive feedback. A lot of people told me on Twitter how good it was, plus majority of the reviews I’ve read were positively raving about it. They mentioned a lot of super interesting stuff that I can’t wait to see for myself.
- The COVER – I am gullible to books that happen to have gorgeous covers. It just so happens that this book comes along with a beautiful story too. (Or so I hope ;))
- New author – I can’t wait to see what kind of story Sarah Tolcser will deliver!
All in all, I must say I am desperate to read this book. (Not so obvious, is it?)
But anyway, what are your anticipated books this June? (or maybe for the rest of 2017) Have you read Song of the Current? What do you think about it? Share your thoughts in the comments section below. 🙂